February 11, 2012

What's A Stay-At-Home Mum Worth?

I am a stay-at-home mum. I know what my days are like. I know the challenges I have to face on my own from the moment I wake in the morning, until I lay down at night. No two days are the same. Some are better than others. Some are happier than others. And some days can be down right scary. Would I trade being a stay-at-home mum and miss being hands on with my son? Not on my life.

I value the last seven years I have had bringing up my son. I know almost everything that he has experienced throughout his early years. I have fed him, nurtured him, clothed him, wiped away tears and tended to cuts and bruises. I have been first on hand to share in proud, amazing, funny moments that swell my heart with unimaginable joy and I have been there to witness his awkward moments, his disappointments, his hurt feelings. There is no one else who knows as much as I do about my dear son. This will be something that cannot be taken away from me, nor from him. These seven years of being together will be something I will have for the rest of my life, and he will have for his.

A mother's love knows no bounds. A mother's love cannot be quantified. You cannot attach a monetary value to a mother's love. A mother's love is priceless.

No comments:

Post a Comment