December 31, 2012

2013: A Promise To Myself

I am not making any New Year resolutions for 2013. I have made resolutions over the past years, but this time, I don't feel like I want to. Instead, I've decided to make myself a New Year promise.

Firstly, after my recent success with my 28 Day Diet, I am confident that I have figured out what I should do to have my weight under control. My biggest challenge is carbs. Therefore, this would be my main focus in managing my diet. As I find it easy to skip rice during my main meals, I have decided to only have it a couple of times a week, if I must. Other carbs like bread, pasta, etc. will be managed by controlling it's portions. Basically, I will manage my diet better this 2013.

Secondly, I am thankful for whom I have in my life. I am who I am today because of my son. Being his mother has been the greatest gift he has given me. He is my life, my soul. I have cherished him from the moment he was conceived and he will always be my precious baby.

My hubby and I have shared a lifetime together. We have been in each others lives for 23 years and we will be celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary this year. You can imagine the many, many things we have gone through together, both wonderful and difficult. I am grateful to him for everything so far, and look forward to many more years to come. I love my precious little family and thank God each and everyday for them. On a slightly broader circle, I love and cherish my parents, siblings, darling neice and others who make up my wider beloved family.

Finally, 2013 would be a milestone for me, as I would be turning 40. I simply can' t wrap my mind around it yet. The big 40! I somehow don't feel as if 40 years of my life has gone by. All my memories feel like it just happened yesterday. Maybe I should be glad I feel this way, as it could indicate that I am still young at heart. Whatever it is, in 2013, it would be even more important for me to focus on my mind (reading, learning and exploring new things, discovering something new to enrich myself), body (exercise, diet, general well-being), and soul (peace of mind, faith).

Wishing you a happy, healthy and prosperous 2013 everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment