November 27, 2012

28 Day Diet - Day 8 & 9

It's becoming challenging to think of what to cook. If it was just my meals, it would be easy. However, I have to think of hubby and kiddo. So I decided to make at least one dish that we could share together (which is usually a vegetarian dish), and another that they could enjoy by themselves. This also helps them feel like they are not being put on a diet. It's a win win situation really as, in the end, they have at least one dish which is healthy.

So yesterday, I made a vegetable stew with broccoli, cauliflower, chinese cabbage, dried taufu and a little bit of Soo Hoon noodles mixed in for texture. In addition, for the boys, I made chicken drummets in ginger and dark soy sauce. It was lovely.

Today the boys are having a treat. I am a little jealous (ok, alot jealous) as my mum is sending over an indian feast and I don't want to break my diet. She mentioned green dhal, mashed brinjal, taufu curry and some other yummy dishes. We'll wait and see as I am to pick it up later. The dishes are all vegetarian and it goes so well with rice. If anything, I may just have the taufu curry with bread. It will still be yummy as it's mum's cooking anyway.

Let me tell you about breakfast. Yesterday I had plain corn flakes with low fat milk for breakfast, and for lunch, I had a couple of wheat cream crackers and a slice of cheese. Today, I had chick peas (boiled in salt water) for breakfast, and later I will have a couple of boiled eggs with sausages cut and mixed into it. Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment