November 29, 2012

28 Day Diet - Day 10 & 11

I have just finished preping for tonight's roast chicken leg dinner. I have two pieces of medium sized chicken legs for my boys. I am forgoing the meat. For the side, I am being generous with the vegetables. I have a whole head (medium sized) of broccoli and cauliflower, three big carrots and two cups full of snow peas. I intend to roast everything together in a baking tray with two medium sized onions and a whole clove of garlic. That's a veggie loaded dish that makes my day.

I guess I am making up for yesterday. Although I had a healthy breakfast of hard boiled eggs, I was exhausted and hungry after a long morning of spring cleaning. You know how dangerous that can be. I was weak with hunger and feeling shaky on my feet, so I heated up my mum's yummy vegetarian taufu curry from the other day. and had it with two rice spoonfulls of 'puttu'. Puttu os a traditional preparation of rice flour which is steamed until its cooked. Carbs, I know. My bad. I made up for it by having a steamed vegetarian spring roll for dinner.

So today, I am going to be good. A bowl of plain, boiled chickpeas for breakfast, leftover vegetable soup for lunch, and for dinner, I'll have a share of those lovely roast vegetables.

No comments:

Post a Comment