November 23, 2012

28 Day Diet - Day 4 & 5

Yesterday was a good day for greens. It was possible for me to load up on salads as my hubby had a dinner meeting and was not joining us for our evening meal.

So I decided to have a tuna salad (iceberg lettuce, yellow onions and tuna, minus the dressing) for lunch. I had planned to be more adventurous for dinner but got lazy and settled on an egg salad (iceberg lettuce and boiled eggs, minus the dressing). I know, boring, but I was just not in the mood to make anything else and I had already washed the salad during lunch. So there. In all, two good, albeit simple, salad meals.

Don't worry, I did not forget to feed my son. There was no way he was going to have a salad with me. So I took down the leftover vegetable soup from Monday night, reheated it, added a portion of egg noodles, and once it was cooked, finished it off with a beaten egg to bring it all together and make the soup creamy. It was a winner.

Today is Day 5 and it's also a Friday. On Friday's, we sometimes have special dishes that are heavier than the usual meals cooked during the week night. This time, however, we decided to stick with the diet to compensate for whatever indulgence we may give in to over the weekend. I for one am craving fried chicken wings!

So tonight, the menu is: Grilled fish steak marinated with just salt, pepper and paprika. It will be served with steamed broccoli and cauliflower and flavoured with garlic infused olive oil. To bring the flavours together, I will squeeze some lemon over the fish before serving. Sounds yum? I am planning to serve the same for my son, but will add a couple of slices of garlic bread to make him happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment