December 16, 2012

28 Day Diet - Day 27 & 28

I have completed my 28 day diet! This is an amazing feat as I have never stuck to a diet for this long. My style is often erratic where, I do watch what I eat, but at the same time, I have days I let myself indulge. Sometimes these days of indulgence becomes too frequent. The end result is that my weight fluctuates just as erratically. This is the longest stretch I have ever completed and so, it's a memorable milestone. The second news to celebrate is that I have lost 3kg's! I knew I'd loose some weight, but 3 is an awesome number.

Looking back now, being on the diet wasn't so bad. I never had to starve myself and the alternative meals I choose to have were pretty tasty. The only thing I completely eliminated from my meals was rice. 28 days without rice has really made a big difference on my weight. Rice is such a main part of our diet that it's very easy to over indulge. We have such a wide variety of dishes in our culture and a large percentage of them go with rice.

To add to the guilt, alot of these dishes are rich as they are cooked in lot's of oil, fat, coconut milk, etc. With such ingredients it's no wonder they are all so delicious, especially when eaten with rice! So it's very easy to put on weight when such meals are a norm. It's not that I cut out carbs completely. I've enjoyed my bread and noodles among other carbs during these 28 days, but in smaller portions.

Anyway, I am happy my diet was successful. I am happy with the way I feel. And I am very happy that the whole process wasn't as difficult as I feared it would be. I will continue with this diet plan, i.e., I would watch what I eat, never over indulge and rice would not be a staple in my diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment