April 9, 2013

Quick Meals: Fish And Vegetable Kurma Curry


This is a one pot dish. I used Sting Ray as my son adores the fish. He loves the texture and that it flakes off in layers. It is also a hardy fish that absorbs the flavours in the curry. Of course, you can substitute it with any other kind of hardy fish. The other thing about the dish that I like is that, I can add any combination of vegetables that I have in hand. Or non at all. Here is how I cooked the dish today:
200g - String Ray, cut into cubes
1 - medium sized white onion, cut into 1 inch pieces
4 - cloves garlic, left whole
2 inchs - ginger, quartered
2 stalks - curry leaves
1 carrot - large size, cut into 1 inch pieces
1 cauliflower - medium sized bouquet, cut into bite sized florets
2 tsps - tumeric powder
3 tbs - kurma curry powder 
1/4 - 1/2 tsp - kurma curry powder to add into dish towards the end of cooking *
* Note: I added the last teaspoon of kurma curry powder 5 minutes before turning off the fire to give the dish a fresh hit of the kurma spices in the kurma curry powder mixture. Of course this step is optional.


No comments:

Post a Comment