May 27, 2013

31 Days To 40

It's exactly 31 days until my 40th birthday. I am excited, nervous, cluless......just a jumble of mixed emotions. I believe I am looking forward to it.

I belatedly realised that I have been waiting to turn 40 ever since I turned 39. What I mean is, I never really spent the year thinking as if I was 39, but instead used it to prepare myself mentally and physically to turning 40.

I referred to my age as "turning 40", as opposed to saying "I am 39". I consciously took stock of my lifestyle choices and how it affected my health and emotional state of mind. I took being healthy more seriously and even dabbled in some form of exercise. Eating healthy has become not so much an after thought, but more a conscious choice. I made changes to be more in control of my life and made no excuse for having an opinion, no matter how it differed from others. After all, I was turning 40!

As I move closer toward reaching that dateline of turning 40, perhaps I do regret a little for not having enjoyed being 39. Nevertheless, I look forward to the next chapter of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment