December 5, 2012

28 Day Diet - Day 15, 16 & 17

It has been a week of pretty light fare for me. As it's the school holidays now, we tend to go out alot and so hardly any cooking has been done except for on Monday.

Day 15 - We had gone to get groceries the evening before and my son found some shellfish (Lala) which he has recently acquired a taste for. So I cooked the shellfish in some chicken broth, red onions, minced garlic and dried red chillies. I kept the veggies simple, but a generous portion nevertheless, with some broccoli and cauliflower cooked with garlic and chicken broth.

Day 16 - We had bought tickets to watch the musical Beauty And The Beast at 7pm. So I decided to give my son a hearty lunch which was essentially a breakfast menu. He had sausages, eggs, baked beans and buttered toast. He loved it so much you would have thought I cooked something gourmet. Anyways, I had a smaller portion of eggs, sausages and unbuttered multigrain toast. The show ended pretty late and the kids were starving.  So we took them to have their favourite chicken rice with the whole yummy works. I skipped all the 'yummy works' bit, especially the lovely fragarant rice cooked in chicken stock and concentrated on the tender steamed chicken and crispy beansprouts.

Day 17 - My hubby buys dinner as a norm on Wednesdays as it's the busiest day of the week for me. So I kept cooking to a minimum and decided to prepare my son's all time favourite meal. Cheese burgers. For myself, I made a tuna sandwich on multigrain brown bread. For dinner, I had my standard Wednesday fare of steamed vegetarian springrolls.

Mixed Vege: Broccoli & Cauliflower


Spicy Lala


No comments:

Post a Comment