December 7, 2012

28 Day Diet - Day 18 & 19

I am beginning to appreciate multigrain bread. This week I've been having a generic off the shelf brand. Every bite has a nutty, grainy texture which is lovely, especially when toasted until it's a little crispy. Other than for its taste and texture, I also like how just two slices makes me feel full and takes longer to digest. Each slice is about the size of my palm, and I've pretty small hands. So I don't feel so guilty about the carbs as that's the only carbs I have for the day. As usual, I don't butter it either, but have it with a slice of cheese or a tuna spread. It definitely makes for a satisfying meal.

As a norm, I've always gone for brown or wholemeal bread compared to plain white bread. I have also given it to my son who does not have a problem with it. He especially loves to dunk it in half boiled eggs. However, my hubby has a whole different philosophy about it. He says, "If you are going to eat bread, eat the real thing and enjoy it." "Real thing" meaning white bread.. I can never convince him otherwise as he has the same philosophy for all his food. That's why, at our home, you will always find two kinds of bread.

Anyway, getting back to my bread story, I've decided to visit the bakery this time around to get freshly baked multigrain breads. They have a better selection. Plus, they come in smaller loafs so I can choose more than one type, and I can buy them fresh whenever I run out.

With all this talk about bread, you can safely conclude that that's what I have been having over the past couple of days. And I am not feeling nutty nor grainy either.

No comments:

Post a Comment