December 12, 2012

28 Day Diet - Day 22, 23 & 24

It has been a crazy few days. It started with a second trip to the Big Bad Wolf bookfair on Monday. My sister (another avid reader) and I managed another haul of wonderful books. Between us, we bought over a hundred books! I am telling you, we were literally salivating and couldn't wait to dive into the books even before we left the place. To think we had another equally large collection from our first trip at home. Yummy.

Anyway, after all that hard work of lugging the books around, we were understandably exhausted and starving. The only place close enough to grab a bite at before we dropped dead on our feet was a McD's. I confess I throughly enjoyed a Value Meal consisting of a McChicken burger, medium fries and coke. Only when I demolished the burger and fries did I feel guilty. A little bit. To make up for it, we had steamboat with the kids for dinner.

Tuesday was good. I managed to have the multigrain bread and eggs for lunch. We took the kids to dinner at Chillies and while everyone else had their burgers, steaks and chops, I had a grilled chicken salad. The funny thing was, I felt like everyone at the table was a little sorry for me as I was on my diet. Truth be told, I throughly enjoyed my salad and had no regrets about my choice. One of the things about this diet is that I learnt that I like feeling good before, during and after my meals.

Wednesday was my mother-in-laws birthday. We had her favourite Nasi Lemak for dinner. Nasi Lemak literally translated means fat or really rich rice as it's cooked in thick coconut milk. Served with it were a variety of condiments such as fried anchovies, fried chicken, fried groundnuts, boiled eggs, a thick anchovy sambal and spicy chicken curry, both cooked with coconut milk. You get the picture, right? Infact, the only vegetable served was sliced cucumbers which is the norm with this meal as it helps cut the spiciness of the food. Well, as you may have guessed, I skipped the rice as usual and had a small serving of the condiments, especially the eggs and cucumber. It nevertheless was a delicious meal as I happen to like Nasi Lemak as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment